Update: As of Saturday 23/05/20 applications for this grant have been closed.
The Queensland Government has today (19 May 2020) announced the Small Business Adaptation Grant program to support local businesses heavily impacted by the COVID-19 health crisis pivot their operations.
If successful, your business could receive between $2,000 – $10,000 in funding (one off, upfront payment) to fund new digital marketing campaigns, or implement digital technologies and systems to help rebuild your business and respond to online opportunities.
Important note: This is a first come, first served basis so you’ll need to get in quick!
Your online application must outline how the funding will contribute to your small business COVID-19 recovery efforts.
Funding for Digital Marketing during COVID-19
Here’s a couple of ideas on how you could maximise this funding to kickstart your marketing efforts and drive your COVID-19 recovery efforts:
- Digital strategy development
- Website and e-commerce upgrades to enable online ordering
- Email marketing – creation of e-newsletter template, content and regular e-newsletter
- Social media marketing – engaging in relevant FB groups, creation of graphics, paid Facebook or Instagram campaigns
- Video content
- Graphic design & printing – flyers or brochures to drive new local initiatives
Funding can also be used for to help prepare for safe resumption of trading, upskill business owners and their teams and embrace business diversification. See the full list here.
Is my small business eligible?
According to the eligibility criteria for the Small Business Adaptation Grant, a business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
What does your grant application need to include?
- Statement outlining how the funding will contribute and help your small business recover from the COVID-19 crisis. We can provide direction or a letter with proposed digital marketing recommendations or website upgrades, and anticipated outcomes. Contact us here.
- Evidence that your business has experienced a 30% decline since 23 March 2020 over at least a one-month period (BAS statement or dated letter from your accountant).
- Declaration of employee head count.
- Evidence of annual turnover.
- Evidence of annual payroll.
How are Adaptation Grant applications assessed?
Not only does your business need to meet the eligibility criteria, you need to be aware that:
- Funding is available on a first come, first served basis – so don’t delay!
- You’ll need to apply online through the Queensland Government SmartyGrants online portal
- Your application must demonstrate value for money
How does this grant differ to others offered by Queensland Government?
Unlike the Small Business Digital Grant (Round 8 timings still to be announced), this grant is a ONE-OFF, UPFRONT payment providing invaluable cash flow stimulus to help your recovery efforts evolve in a post-COVID-19 world.
Other State Government grants have been matched funding. This one is different, if successful, you will receive funding for the full (100%) amount that you have applied for.
Funding is available for projects ranging between $2,000 to $10,000 and must be completed within 6 months. Proof of payment for services must be provided.
Would you like help applying for the Queensland Government Small Business Adaptation grant?
Brisbane Digital Co has helped other local business successfully apply for other Queensland Government grants to aid their online marketing efforts.
Click the link below if you’d like support.
Brisbane Digital Co is your go-to for honest marketing advice to help you navigate this new era.
Backed by 20 years in business with local in-house tech, marketing and graphic designers, talk to us about all your website, SEO, social media, email marketing and graphic design needs.